Submissions are not open at this time.
However, please check back frequently since that may change at any time.
Below are our in-house guidelines for future reference.
Your email will serve as your cover letter. Please state a brief synopsis followed by why L2L2 Publishing is a good fit for your novel.
In one Word doc. or docx. file, single spaced, please include the following:
- Title page with name, phone number, email, and website in upper left corner, then “A Proposal for” working title, author, genre, intended audience, and word count, centered.
- Sell Sheet. Your sell sheet will include: Working title, word count, genre, intended audience, hook, short synopsis (similar to a back cover copy, 100-200 words), and short author bio.
- One-page Synopsis. This will include how your story ends.
- Marketing Analysis and Strategies: What is your current platform? Social media links? Website and blog links, as well as current reach and statistics? Current capabilities of promoting your book? What awards has your writing won? Where else have you been published? Please include a long author bio, no more than one page. Tell us more about you and what makes you the perfect author for L2L2 Publishing.
- Three (3) to five (5) comparable titles, and what makes your book different.
- A two-sentences-per-chapter outline of your entire story.
- Your first three chapters, up to 50 pages, double spaced.
- All sections should be separated by page breaks.
- Your entire proposal should be single spaced with a one-line space between paragraphs. However, your three sample chapters must be double spaced.
- Please include your name, title, and email in the document’s header.
Should we request a full manuscript, please send the following immediately upon request:
- Title page including name, address, phone number, and email, and website in the upper left corner, then your submission’s title bolded and centered
- Word .docx or .doc file format
- Times New Roman font
- 12-point font
- 1-inch margins
- Manuscript double spaced
- Page break between chapters
- Chapter headings bolded, upper and lowercase, one double space between the chapter title and the text
Any manuscript submissions not following these formatting guidelines will be discarded, and the submitter will be emailed, stating why we cannot accept the manuscript.
- We accept manuscripts through email only.
- Clean content only. No gratuitous sex, graphic violence, or obscene language. However, a good story is our focus. If your manuscript includes a sprinkling of such for real-life emphasis, it will not be rejected based on questionable content alone.
- Our publishing house focuses on speculative fiction, Christian or clean. Speculative genres include but are not limited to Fantasy, Science Fiction, Time Travel, Spiritual Warfare, Alternate History, Chillers (such as vampires, zombies, werewolves, or light horror), Superhero Fiction, Near Future, Supernatural Thrillers, Utopian or Dystopian Fiction, etc., or a mixture of any of the previous.
- The only nonfiction manuscripts we are interested in at this time are unique writing guides.
- For novels, manuscripts must be between 60,000 and 120,000 words; for novellas, 20,000 to 50,000 words.
- Specify Young Adult (YA, ages 12-18), New Adult (NA, ages 18-25), or Adult (ages 25-older).
- Please have your manuscript as clean (or as edited) as possible before submitting. An excellent editing resource is Christianeditor.com.
What you can expect from us:
We offer a small advance payment from Love2ReadLove2Write Publishing, LLC. Because of this, our royalties are slightly higher than other publishing houses. Our advances will increase as we grow. Please use the contact form for more information.
If a contract is signed, your manuscript will be:
- A cover designed
- Formatted for both ebook and paperback
- Distribution to most online retailers (for instance: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo) as well as availability in bookstores and libraries.
- Marketing: book signings, author events, virtual launch parties, and publicity on our website and social media pages. Our marketing package will expand as we grow.
- Social media, including but not limited to–Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, and Amazon Author.
- Book sales at any author events or writer’s conferences you are able to attend.
- Marketing is also your responsibility. Any book signings or author events you create for yourself will increase your book’s exposure and boost sales. This is highly encouraged!
Love2ReadLove2Write is a small traditional press with modest publishing packages. As we expand and develop, our authors will receive more enticing publishing contracts.
Thank you for considering Love2ReadLove2Write Publishing, LLC for your publishing needs.
Please feel free to contact our editor with any questions.